The pricing for Members of the College is very special.
While there are many sites on the internet that provide knowledge in terms of text or videos, very few objectively assess the learners understanding of the topic taught. If 100 people listen to a lecture or read a chapter in a book, each person’s ability to understand is different. There are unfortunately those among us who “do not understand but know not that they do not understand!” SELF-ASSESSMENT is crucial feedback to all learners to know how well they understand a subject.
Critical Care is a relatively new specialty, and it is not surprising that all over the world, there is a severe shortage of structured teaching and trainers. Many of today’s practicing Intensivists are self-taught. There was a need for a platform where busy practicing doctors and students-in-training could come and compare their understanding of certain key Skills & Knowledge with a team of experts. Skills in Critical Care that can be objectively assessed such as ABG interpretation, Xray interpretation, ECG/ EKG interpretation etc are carefully prepared so that subscribers can compare their knowledge with that of experts in the field.
But only if you secure more than or equal to 60% marks in the Online Exam mode. This certificate is very important proof of the ACP (Academic Credit Points) you have earned.
1. Firstly, stop calling him your friend!
2. While digitally it is possible in today’s time to alter pdf documents, they will be of no use to your friend. All certificates issued by CCEF have a “Unique Identification Number (UID)” that the HR department or College can easily verify from ICUeducation.com site where validation of any certificate of CCEF can be done instantaneously.
What is the best way to use the self-assessment modules?
There are 3 modes (exam type) in which a subscriber can use the self-assessment module.
1. Pure practice mode (untimed): Here you can spend as much time as you need to solve the problem. In the beginning you are bound to take more time. With practice your confidence will increase, as will your speed. Note that if you select this type/mode, you need to specify the number of questions you wish to attempt.
2. Mock exam mode (timed): This is like in the OSCE examination. You will be presented with 4 questions at random and get 3 minutes per question (timer on top).
3. Online exam mode: Here you will be presented with 15 questions at random and get 3 min per question. You need to score more than 60% marks to be declared PASS and get a certificate. The assessment is manual by the College so the evaluation may take weeks depending on load.