In June 2014, the Governing Body (Board of Trustees) of Critical Care Education Foundation (CCEF) formed an Academic Council (under its College of Critical Care Medicine). The intention was to enrich its decisions through well discussed suggestions from experienced, dedicated, leaders in critical care medicine in India and abroad.
The Academic Council is responsible for all academic matters within the College of Critical Care Medicine and has the major task of formulating and implementing the College’s academic policies. The Academic Council is responsible for the quality of all academic activities. Some of its activities include:
- Conducting the Part 1 (Primary-PCCCM) and Part 2 (Fellowship-FCCCM) examinations in Critical Care Medicine as well as the supplementary examinations; including deciding the venue, logistics, examiners, setting of the examination questions etc.
- Declaration of results and sending feedback to students and teachers.
- Preparing the examination reports.
- Designing and executing new courses, seminars, workshops, and conferences in keeping with the purpose of the College and CCEF.
- Conduct Regional and National academic programs.
- Formation and monitoring the activities of its sub-committees.
- Conferring Honorary Fellowship of the College of Critical Care Medicine, based on criteria laid down for this purpose.
- Conferring Honorary Professorship of the College of Critical Care Medicine, based on criteria laid down for this purpose.
The Academic Council submits its recommendations to the Critical Care Education Foundation under which the College functions.
The Academic Council (2022-2024) consists of:
|1. Chairman||Dr. Anurag Mahajan||New Delhi|
|2. Vice-Chairman||Dr. Vivek Joshi||Indore|
|3. General Secretary||Dr. Ankur Gupta||Indore|
|4. Academic Director||Dr. Ankit Jain||London|
|5. Academic Secretary||Dr. B. Saroj Prusty||Hyderabad|
|6. Members (India)||Dr. Prachee Sathe||Pune|
|Dr. Nikhilesh Jain||Indore|
|Dr. Rajendra V.||Hyderabad|
|7. Members (International)||Dr. Aditi Jain||Toronto|
|Dr. Kiran Shekar||Brisbane|
|8. Advisors||Dr. Mayur Patel||Mumbai|
|Dr. Pratibha Dileep||Ahmedabad|
|9. Permanent Invitees||Dr. P. K. Jain||Mumbai|
|Dr. Meeta Mehta||Mumbai|